Welcome to Hand Surgery of Northern Michigan—we are looking forward to your visit! You will find necessary forms, appointment information and a list of documentation needed for your first visit below. Not finding what you need here? Please call us at 231-935-0800 with questions.
Patients are seen by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please call during our regular business hours. If you must cancel your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance and we will be happy to reschedule your visit. Your first appointment is for an initial visit / consultation only. In most cases, surgery will not be performed at the time of this visit but will be scheduled for a later date. Out of courtesy to our scheduled patients, we cannot accommodate walk-ins. When possible, please restrict accompanying family members to one person.
To help us make your first appointment a success, please bring the following to your appointment:
- Insurance card (and insurance authorization, if needed)
- Photo ID
- Medical records, including any tests (i.e., x-rays, EMG, MRI, CT scan), for the condition being seen. If your studies were performed at Munson Medical Ctenter or any affiliated facility, we are able to access those and it is not necessary to bring them with you.
- Completed New Patient, History and Physical, Patient Medication List , Allergy Questionnaire and Authorization to Treat forms (or complete on our Patient Portal)
- Completed injury authorization (Workers Comp, Auto, or Liability) form, if applicable. If your visit is related to an auto, Workers Comp or a liability issue, we require written authorization. If an authorization is not available, we will require payment in full at the time of service.
- Social Security number. It is our policy that if you do not wish to provide us with your social security number, we will ask for payment in full at the time of service, regardless of insurance coverage.
For patients under the age of 18, it is our policy that they be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for their initial appointment with our physicians. If the parent or legal guardian is not available, the patient must have written permission for treatment. Our Parental Preauthorization (see below) form may be used for this purpose. If a child comes to an initial physician appointment without a parent/guardian or written permission for treatment, their appointment may be re-scheduled.
Please be advised that in adherence with our financial policy, we require payment in full for all charges at the time of service OR payment of co-pays and deductibles for patients covered by Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, or Priority Health. We will reschedule appointments for patients who are not prepared to pay. If you do not know your co-pay, we will collect $30.00 at your visit. Cash, check and credit cards are accepted. As a courtesy for our patients, we will file your claim into your insurance carrier.